One of two talks given at Wihara Ekayana Serpong in Serpong, Indonesia.
- Overcoming bias and seeing everyone as friends
- The importance of treating all beings with respect
- The disadvantages of jealousy
- Antidotes to jealousy from Shantideva
- How can I counteract negative emotions when they arise?
- How do we know if we understand a Dharma teaching correctly?
- How do we respect someone who is ignorant?
- What role does analysis play in contemplation and meditation?
- Can you explain the role of prayer?
Overcoming jealousy (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.