Part of a series of teachings on Essence of Refined Gold by the Third Dalai Lama, Gyalwa Sonam Gyatso. The text is a commentary on Songs of Experience by Lama Tsongkhapa.
Creating the causes for bodhicitta in future rebirths
- Discussion of the importance of preventing degeneration of bodhicitta
- Maintaining bodhicitta in future lives by abandoning the four harmful dharmas and relying on the four constructive dharmas
- The difference between aspiring bodhicitta and engaging bodhicitta
Essence of Refined Gold 38 (download)
Questions and answers
- When taking refuge and precepts, why do we ask our preceptor to care for us as a Buddhist and not as a human being?
- What are we actually meditating on when we mediate on love and bodhicitta?
- What are some indicators that you are generating pity and not compassion?
Essence of Refined Gold 38: Q&A (download)