Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Shantideva’s classic text, “Bodhisattvacharyavatara”, often translated as “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds.” Venerable Thubten Chodron also refers to the outline of the commentary by Gyaltsab Dharma Rinchen and the commentary by the Abbot Dragpa Gyaltsen.
- Practice of taking the bodhisattva vows
- Meditation on taking the bodhisattva vows
- Praise of bodhicitta
- Eight analogies for bodhicitta
- Root bodhisattva downfalls:
- Praising ourselves and belittling others
- Not sharing Dharma teachings or wealth
- Not listening to others’ apologies or striking others
You can access Alex Berzin’s explanation of the root downfalls here.
25 Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds: Meditation on Taking the Bodhisattva Vow (download)