Part of an ongoing series of teachings (retreat and Friday) based on the book The Foundation of Buddhist Practice, second volume in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Meditation on six faults of cyclic existence and combining bodhicitta
- Contemplating lamrim topics in daily activities
- Using mindfulness and introspective awareness to see if we are living in accord with the ethical precepts
- How what we do in the break time affect the meditation session?
- Creating the causes to hear, reflect, and meditate on the teachings
- Internal and external cooperative conditions for us to gain the realizations
- Combination of our prior knowledge and current interest as well as a teacher who is wise and compassionate influence our learning
The Foundation of Buddhist Practice 33: Making Requests, Receiving Blessings and Gaining Realizations (download)