Part of a series of teachings on the Gomchen Lamrim by Gomchen Ngawang Drakpa.
- The purpose and benefits of meditating on karma
- The various topics of karma to contemplate
- The initial motivation and the concluding motivation of an action
- Actions and paths of actions
- Transgressions and naturally negative actions
Gomchen Lamrim 41 review: Specific aspects of karma (download)
Venerable Tsepal reviewed a number of ways to meditate on karma and its effects:
- Meditation on four characteristics of karma (bring in your own life experience to prove to yourself that these characteristics function as they are described).
- Meditation on the ten non-virtues, focusing on the various parts that compose a complete pathway of action.
- Meditation on the ten non virtues, reflecting on where we personally avoid it and where we engage in it.
- Meditation on the effects of the ten non-virtues, recognizing the results in your life as well as in the lives of those around you and tracing back their causes.
- Meditation on the distinctions of the ten paths of action (weights and seriousness of our action, strength of the performance, etc). How can you strengthen virtue and weaken non virtue?
- Meditation on current events in the news (What results are being experienced now and what must their causes have been? What causes are being created now and what must the results be in the future?)