The text turns to reflecting on the impermanence of this life and generating concern for future rebirths. Part of a series of teachings on the Gomchen Lamrim by Gomchen Ngawang Drakpa.
- The disadvantages to the eight worldly concerns
- The antidotes to the eight worldly concerns
- Real Dharma practice is overcoming the eight worldly concerns
- Relying on the ten innermost jewels of the Kadampa tradition, the first seven
- The four trusting acceptances
- The three abandonments
Gomchen Lamrim 11: The antidotes to the eight worldly concerns and the ten innermost jewels (download)
- Venerable Chodron listed many disadvantages of following the Eight Worldly Concerns (being attached to just this life). Consider each of them and come up with some of your own as well. What does thinking in this way do for your mind and your practice?
- What does it mean to practice the Dharma? What is the demarcation line between Dharma activity and not Dharma activity?
- Venerable Chodron presented the first 7 of the 10 Innermost Jewels of the Kadampa. Take time to go through each one of them slowly. What does thinking in this way do for your mind and your practice? How can you cultivate them in your daily life?