Part of a series of teachings on the Gomchen Lamrim by Gomchen Ngawang Drakpa.
- Frequency and length of meditation sessions
- Between sessions practice the four conditions that promote serenity and insight
- Why it’s important to meditate using both analytical and stabilizing meditation
- Misconceptions about the two meditation methods
- How to meditate on taking advantage of a precious human rebirth
- The eight freedoms
- The ten fortunes
- How all the Buddha’s teachings are included in the graduated path of the three kinds of practitioners
Gomchen Lamrim 20 Review: The actual meditation session and precious human life (download)
20 Gomchen Lamrim Review Part 3 with Venerable Samten 12-18-15
- Take time to think through an extensive dedication like the ones Venerable Samten described. How does this benefit your mind? What is the long-term benefit of dedicating in this way?
- Consider Tenzin Palmo’s advice to have a daily practice, even if its only 10 minutes a day. Why is daily habituation such an important part of the spiritual path?
- Consider the four factors that facilitate serenity and insight. What changes can you make to cultivate these factors in your life?
- Why are both analytic and stabilization meditation critical on the path?
- Carefully go though each of the 18 factors for a precious human life. What would your life be like if you didn’t have even just one of these?
- What are the motivations of the three levels of practitioners? What does it mean to practice “in common with” other levels?