Refuting the inherent existence of production, duration and disintegration, the characteristics of products. Part of a series of talks on Aryadeva’s Four Hundred Stanzas on the Middle Way.
- The meaning of mindfulness and living in the present moment
- Refuting that a thing that exists by it’s own nature is what is in the process of arising
- What can you point to that is in the process of arising?
- What has not arisen and what has already arisen cannot be what is in the process of arising
- If a future object is permanent and non-existent, how does the future object come into being?
- Dependently arising activities are like a magician’s illusions
- Chapter summary
97 Aryadeva’s 400 Stanzas: Verses 369-375 (download)