Chapter 3 of Aryadeva’s Four Hundred Stanzas on the Middle Way focuses on overcoming the distortion of seeing the impure and foul body as pure and clean.
- All attempts to clean, beautify, and cover up the foulness of the body do not make it an appropriate object of desire; the body is still what it is
- Developing inner happiness rather than searching for happiness in external objects and people
- Chapter 4: Verses 75 to 77
- Abandoning gross pride, thinking I am something praiseworthy
- Wealth, status, health, etc, change all the time
- Questions and answers
- Difference between permanent and eternal
- What is a soul and does it exist?
- Explanation of mind and mindstream
10 Aryadeva’s 400 Stanzas: Verses 73-77 (download)