Chapter 7: “The Perfection of Joyous Effort”. Part of a series of teachings on Shantideva’s Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, organized by Pureland Marketing, Singapore.
- Background on text and Shantideva
- Finding joy in what is virtuous
- The three kinds of laziness that interfere with joyous effort
- Acknowledging our mortality motivates us to practice the Dharma
- The importance of practicing while we have the opportunity
- Putting forth the effort to create the causes for realizations
Chapter 7: Verses 1-15 (download)