Refuting remaining misconceptions of inherent existence and emptiness. Part of a series of talks on Aryadeva’s Four Hundred Stanzas on the Middle Way.
- The error of thinking things inherently exist because they exist
- The error of seeing emptiness and non-existence as the same
- Emptiness does not inherently exist
- Emptiness does exist conventionally but it is not a conventional truth
- The difference between being able to bear ultimate analysis and being found by ultimate analysis. Emptiness is found by a reasoning consciousness analyzing the ultimate but that does not mean it can bear reasoning analyzing the ultimate
98 Aryadeva’s 400 Stanzas: Verses 376-382 (download)