Chapter 12: Refuting wrong views
The teachings on Chapter 12 of Aryadeva’s Four Hundred Stanzas on the Middle Way refute wrong views on the nature of reality.
- The five qualities (and their importance) of a proper student
- The ten qualities of a qualified teacher
- The Buddha’s teachings on emptiness are unique to the Buddhadharma
- Why other teachings do not lead to liberation
- Having respect for and accepting differences of other religions
67 Aryadeva’s 400 Stanzas: Verses 276-279 (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.