A multi-part course based on Open Heart, Clear Mind given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day from April 2007 to December 2008. You can also study the book in depth through the Sravasti Abbey Friends Education (SAFE) online learning program.
How to bring about real happiness and eliminate suffering
- The importance of investigating our assumptions and opinions
- The false assumption that happiness comes from outside
- Attachment causes suffering
- Real happiness comes from letting go of attachment
Open Heart, Clear Mind 02a: Taking the ache out of attachment (download)
Questions and answers
- The difference between positive aspiration and attachment
- Seeing through romantic attachment
Open Heart, Clear Mind 02b: Q&A Discerning Love, Attachment, Positive Aspiration (download)
Guided meditation on attachment
- What are you attached to?
- How can you relate to these objects of attachment in a more realistic way?
Open Heart, Clear Mind 02c: Meditation on attachment (download)