Part of a series of teachings on the text Presentation of Mind and Awareness, Composite of All the Important Points, Opener of the Eye of New Intelligence by Geshe Jampel Sampel given from August 2012 to April 2013 at Sravasti Abbey.
- The benefits of turning to Dharma practice and taking refuge in the Three Jewels
- Abandoning the self-centered attitude
- Generating compassion to nurture the aspiration for awakening
- Working with emotions, transforming habitual reactions
- Abandoning old negative patterns and setting new constructive ones
- Working with anxiety and the story-making mind
Mind and Awareness 04: Turning to your practice when things come up (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.