Venerable Chodron is offering a series of nine online teachings on the text “Parting from the Four Attachments” by Nubpa Rigzin Drak at the request of the Friends of Sravasti Russia. This classic text from the Sakya tradition gets straight to the heart of the obstacles to our Dharma practice and how to overcome them.
- Q&A session:
- Differences between heart-warming love and great love from the Buddhist perspective
- What would another word for compassion be?
- The root of the fourth attachment: to inherently existent things and their characteristics
- Two extremes and the Middle Way view
- Ethical implications of holding onto extreme views
- Dependent arising and emptiness as antidotes to the extreme views
- Answers to questions, clarifying dependent arising