The text turns to reflecting on the impermanence of this life and generating concern for future rebirths. Part of a series of teachings on the Gomchen Lamrim by Gomchen Ngawang Drakpa.
- The meditation on imagining our own death helps us to prepare for death and die well
- Reflecting on future rebirths and the possibility of being born in a lower realm
- The purpose of reflecting on possible rebirth in the lower realms is not to make us panic but to help us make wise decisions about what kind of causes we want to create in this life
- Verses from Shantideva’s Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds give guidance on using our opportunity to generate bodhicitta and refrain from destructive actions
- The causes for taking refuge and meditating to deepen our refuge
Gomchen Lamrim 15: Avoiding a lower rebirth (download)