Review of questions 5 through 15
- Why do the Sautrantikas, Cittamatrins, etc. say the zhigpa of a pot and a future pot are permanent?
- How do Prasangikas define future pot, present pot, past pot?
- Why does the future pot exist first, then the present pot, and later the past pot?
- Is a future pot a pot? Is a present pot a pot? Is a past pot a pot? Why or why not?
- What is an affirming negative? What is a non-affirming negative?
- Explain why the past pot and the future pot are affirming negatives. What does each one affirm? What does each one negate?
- Relate this discussion to your past life, present life, and future life. Is all of your present life occurring in the present?
- What is the future in relation to the pot? What is the past in relation to the pot? Are they the same as the past pot and the future pot? Which one happens first?
- Does the present pot exist in the future pot? Does the past pot exist in the future pot or in the present pot?
- How does this discussion about the zhigpa of actions, future results, etc. relate to karma and its results? Explain how a karmic action brings its result in a future lifetime according to this discussion.
- What are the disadvantages of saying that the future and past are inherently existent?
86 Aryadeva’s 400 Stanzas: Chapter 11 quiz part 2 (download)
86 Aryadeva's 400 Stanzas 01-01-15