Refuting wrong views on the inherent existence of functional phenomena. Part of a series of talks on Aryadeva’s Four Hundred Stanzas on the Middle Way.
- A composite cannot be a truly existent single entity
- Refuting inherent existence by looking at an object and it’s attributes
- Refuting truly existent wholes arising from parts
- There can be no truly existent composite nor truly existent components
- Refuting inherent existence by examining fire and fuel
89 Aryadeva’s 400 Stanzas: Verses 335-343 (download)