Refuting wrong views on the inherent existence of functional phenomena. Part of a series of talks on Aryadeva’s Four Hundred Stanzas on the Middle Way.
- Review of verses 326 to 331
- Analyzing at the relationship between an object and its attributes to refute true existence
- A composite that is a truly existent single unit is not possible
- refuting the Sautantrika view that an object and it’s particles are one truly existent entity
- Since none of the parts is the object, the collection of parts could not be the object
- How to reflect on a composite such as a room to see that there is no independent thing existing by way of it’s own entity
87 Aryadeva’s 400 Stanzas: Verses 326-334 (download)