Part of a series of teachings on Essence of Refined Gold by the Third Dalai Lama, Gyalwa Sonam Gyatso. The text is a commentary on Songs of Experience by Lama Tsongkhapa.
The dukkha of samsara
- The eight sufferings and the three types of dukkha
- A realistic look at the defects of cyclic existence
- Explanation of renunciation and the determination to be free
- Is and is not
Essence of Refined Gold 29: The first noble truth (download)
Questions and answers
- How can we prevent the deterioration of the mind in old age?
- Why is being born in the form or formless realms considered an upper rebirth?
- Discussion of creating virtue and non-virtue
- How do the pure lands relate to the form and formless realms?
Essence of Refined Gold 29: Q&A (download)