Part of a series of talks from “Buddhist Meditation 101”, an introductory course to Buddhist meditation. The online course was hosted by the Ocean of Compassion Buddhist Center, San Jose, California. Venerable Sangye Khadro provided handouts for course topics: The Seven-Point Meditation Posture, Scanning the Body, Counting the Breaths Meditation Technique, Bare Attention Meditation Excersize.
- Meditation is familiarizing the mind to positive states of mind
- The essence of Buddhism is learning to work with our mind
- Meditation posture
- Guided body scan and meditation on the breath
- Questions and answers
- How do you keep mental counting from derailing your focus?
- How long should you meditate?
- How can I counteract sleepiness during meditation?
- How do you recognize dullness and how do you counteract it?
- Bare attention meditation for mindfulness
Meditation 101 01: Meditating on the breath (download)