Part of a series of teachings on the Gomchen Lamrim by Gomchen Ngawang Drakpa.
- The purpose of meditating on precious human life
- The eight freedoms
- The ten fortunes
- Guided meditation on precious human life
Gomchen Lamrim 37 Review: Precious human life (download)
37 The Gomchen Lamrim 04-15-16
- Take your time to go through each of the freedoms and fortunes one by one, and imagine being born without it. What would you life be like? What would it mean for spiritual practice?
- Come back to the present and feel the appreciation for having each freedom and fortune; feel how they allow you to practice the Dharma; feel how each and every one of them must be present for the precious human life you now have.
- What can you do to ensure that you don’t lose these freedoms and fortunes in this life? What can you do to ensure that you create the causes to have these freedoms and fortunes in the next life?
- Make a determination to not waste this precious opportunity to practice the Dharma; determine to use every moment, every experience, to create virtue, abandon negativity, purify and transform your mind.