A series of talks based on Don’t Believe Everything You Think given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day starting in March 2013. The book is a commentary on The 37 Practices of Bodhisattvas.
If you don’t examine your own errors,
You may look like a practitioner but not act as one.
Therefore, always examining your own errors,
Rid yourself of them—
This is the practice of Bodhisattvas.
- The Triple Gem road map to transforming our minds for the benefit of all beings
- Analogy of the 37 Practices to a road map to the destination of liberation
- Looking like a practitioner versus being a practitioner
- Being a practitioner means examining our faults and working to eliminate them
- Projecting the cause of our unhappiness onto others
SDD 31: Facing our faults (download)