Part of a series of teachings from the Cultivating Love Retreat in 2015.
- The difference between love and attachment
- How romantic love, family love, and friendship are mixed in with the self-centered thought
- Anger as an obstacle to cultivating love
- Practicing forgiveness
- Letting go of a victim mentality and hurt feelings
- Questions and answers
- Forgiving and forgetting
- Whether releasing anger or cultivating love comes first
- Why we thrive on drama
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.