- Being disrespected (due to prejudice) and showing respect
- Auxiliary vows 1-7 are to eliminate obstacles to the far-reaching practice of generosity and obstacles to the ethical discipline of gathering virtuous actions. Abandon:
2. Acting out selfish thoughts of desire to gain material possessions or reputation.
3. Not respecting your elders (those who have taken the bodhisattva precepts before you have or who have more experience than you do).
4. Not answering sincerely asked questions that you are capable of answering.
09 Bodhisattva Ethical Restraints: Auxiliary Vows #2-4 2-7-12