- Auxiliary vows 1-7 are to eliminate obstacles to the far-reaching practice of generosity and obstacles to the ethical discipline of gathering virtuous actions. Abandon:
4. Not answering sincerely asked questions that you are capable of answering.
5. Not accepting invitations from others out of anger, pride, or other negative thoughts.
- Examples of situations where not following the third and fourth precepts do not constitute a misdeed
- Monastery conduct
- Situations where it’s appropriate not to accept invitations (as explained in the fifth auxiliary precept)
10 Bodhisattva Ethical Restraints: Auxiliary Precepts #4-5 2-9-12