Part of a series of talks on the bodhisattva ethical restraints given at Sravasti Abbey in 2012.
- Auxiliary vows 27-34 are to eliminate obstacles to the far-reaching practice of wisdom. Abandon:
30. Beginning to favor and take delight in the treatises of non-Buddhists although studying them for a good reason.
31. Abandoning any part of the Mahayana by thinking it is uninteresting or unpleasant.
32. Praising yourself or belittling others because of pride, anger, and so on.
33. Not going to Dharma gatherings or teachings.