Part of a series of teachings on the Gomchen Lamrim by Gomchen Ngawang Drakpa.
- The ten innermost jewels of the Kadampa tradition
- The way to be in the present moment that gets you closer to liberation and awakening
- The six disadvantages of not remembering death
- The six benefits of remembering death
Gomchen Lamrim 21 Review: Remembering death (download)
21 Gomchen lamrim Review Part 4 with Ven Tsultrim 12 25 15
- Review the 10 Innermost Jewels of the Kadampa and consider that if you devote your whole life to the Dharma, you can get real practice done. Imagine your life completely devoted to the Dharma. How might that look? How would holding these attitudes make it easier to practice and to benefit others? What steps might you make today to start cultivating these attitudes in your life?
- Why is it that cleaning up our ethical conduct allows us to be present in each moment?
- Why is it said that if we don’t remember death and impermanence in the morning, afternoon, and evening that we have wasted the day?
- One of the disadvantages of not remembering death is that we don’t remember to practice because we’re focused on the happiness of just this life. What activities distract you from the path? What can you do to overcome these and shift your focus to the Dharma?
- Consider: Remembering death makes our spiritual practice easier. Why is this?