A series of talks based on Don’t Believe Everything You Think given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day starting in March 2013. The book is a commentary on The 37 Practices of Bodhisattvas.
Sensual pleasures are like saltwater:
The more you indulge, the more thirst increases.
Abandon at once those things which breed
This is the practice of Bodhisattvas.
- What attachment is and why it doesn’t lead to real happiness
- Attachment and the eight worldly concerns
- Looking at the objects of our attachment and their faults
- Changing our perspective of objects to decrease attachment
- How the Grinch had a Dharma realization on attachment
SDD 21: The misery of attachment (download)