A series of talks based on Don’t Believe Everything You Think given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day starting in March 2013. The book is a commentary on The 37 Practices of Bodhisattvas.
All forms of suffering are like a child’s death in a dream.
Holding illusory appearances to be true makes you weary.
Therefore when you meet with disagreeable circumstances,
See them as illusory—
This is the practice of Bodhisattvas.
- We are all looking for stability and security and can’t find it
- The way we see things and people causes us pain
- We have to look at the unsatisfactory nature of our experience and the causes in order to do something about it
- How the four distorted ways of looking at things and persons cause dukkha
- What it means to look at things as illusory
SDD 24: Suffering is like a dream (download)