A series of talks based on Don’t Believe Everything You Think given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day starting in March 2013. The book is a commentary on The 37 Practices of Bodhisattvas.
The Subduer said all the unbearable suffering
Of bad rebirths is the fruit of wrong-doing.
Therefore, even at the cost of your life,
Never do wrong—
This is the practice of Bodhisattvas.
- How actions affect personal experience in the short term and long term
- “Cleaning up our act” can lead to a peaceful mind and life
- Ethical conduct in Buddhism is not imposed by the Buddha
- The benefits of maintaining ethical conduct
- Making decisions by looking at the four ways the action will affect life now and life in the future
SDD 08: Watch what you’re doing your actions have results (download)