Chapter 4: Royal Policy: Instructions on the Practices of a Monarch. Nagarjuna gives practical advice for leaders that is also applicable to individual practitioners. Part of a series of talks on Nagarjuna’s Precious Garland of Advice for a King.
- Leaders should use resources to benefit followers and create harmony
- Refuting inherently existent pleasure
- The difference between physical and mental pleasure
- Pleasure is just comparatively less pain
- Pleasure and happiness exist conventionally, not ultimately
Precious Garland 66: Verses 339-348 (download)