Chapter 1 addresses what to abandon and what to practice to attain upper rebirth and highest good. Part of a series of talks on Nagarjuna’s Precious Garland of Advice for a King.
- What is meant by upper rebirth and highest good
- How faith and wisdom create the causes for upper rebirth and highest good
- The meaning of faith in these verses
- The relationship between faith and wisdom
- A person with faith in karma and it’s effects will abandon the 10 non-virtuous paths of action and practice the 10 virtuous paths of action
- The three branches that make an action a complete
Precious Garland 03: Verses 4-9 (download)