Advice for Dharma practice
The Four Establishments of Mindfulness: Questions and answers
A series of teachings on the four establishments of mindfulness given at Maitripa College in October 2014.
- Dealing with social conformity and people’s expectations
- The reason of His Holiness The Dalai Lama’s advice to stay with the religion we grow up with
- Differences between guilt and regret
- Putting the past down
- Dealing with the loss of somebody we have attachment to
- Inherent existence in a person
- Compartmentalizing difficult issues
- Interdependence with the environment
- How to balance between calming the mind and interacting with difficult situation
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.