The teachings on Chapter 7 of Aryadeva’s Four Hundred Stanzas on the Middle Way explore the reasons and methods for giving up attachment to the fleeting pleasures of cyclic existence.
- The difficulty of being a proper listener of the Dharma, having interest and access to teachings on bodhicitta and emptiness
- The sufferings of a human rebirth
- Our ignorance cannot comprehend the continuity of our ignorance
- Seriousness of karma created under ignorance
- If we really saw and understood what cyclic existence is really about, we would go crazy
48 Aryadeva’s 400 Stanzas: Review, part 2 (download)