The teachings on Chapter 8 of Aryadeva’s 400 Stanzas on the Middle Way show the methods of training the student’s mindstream to make it receptive to a spiritual path.
- The meaning and purpose of the verses before teachings requesting teachings
- How the Buddha teaches according to the dispositions and needs of disciples
- Importance of giving and accumulating merit
- Teaching emptiness to those who are not prepared can be damaging to the student
- Sentient beings need to understand how things work conventionally before they can understand emptiness
42 Aryadeva’s 400 Stanzas: Verses 192-194 (download)