- Auxiliary vows 8-16 are to eliminate obstacles to the far-reaching practice of ethical discipline. Abandon:
16. Not correcting your own deluded actions or not helping others to correct theirs.
- Auxiliary vows 17-20 are to eliminate obstacles to the far-reaching practice of fortitude. Abandon:
17. Returning insults, anger, beating, or criticism with insults and the like.
18. Neglecting those who are angry with you by not trying to pacify their anger.
16 Bodhisattva Ethical Restraints: Auxiliary Precepts #16-18 3-1-12