A question and answer session with members of a graduate reading class on “Buddhism, Modernism and Mindfulness” at the University of British Columbia, Okanagan Campus.
- How did you move from a career to Buddhist nun?
- Who was your teacher and preceptor?
- Could you discuss the role of women in shaping modern Buddhism?
- Is there a Western Buddhism?
- Do you see pilgrimage to sacred sites as an important part of Buddhist practice?
- Could you talk about secular mindfulness practice?
- What are the values and benefits of monasticism in the 21st Century?
- How has new technology affected the spread of the Dharma?
Buddhism, modernism and mindfulness (download)