A talk given at The Buddhist Library in Singapore.
- The difference between the secular mindfulness movement and mindfulness practice in Buddhism
- Buddhism as a religion
- How secular Buddhists interpret the Buddha’s teachings in an evidentialist manner: karma, rebirth and liberation
- Secular Buddhism and the teachings on ethics
- Abandoning the hierarchical features of Buddhism in favor of democratic ideals
- Institutional hierarchy
- Gender equality
- Monastic teachers and lay teachers
- The happiness of this life comes and goes quickly, spiritual practice is transcending this
Areligious Buddhism: Is there such a thing? (download)
12-10-15 Areligious Buddhism: Is There Such a Thing?