Part of an ongoing series of teachings (retreat and Friday) based on the book The Foundation of Buddhist Practice, second volume in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Meditation on the continuity of consciousness
- How appearance of objects arise in the mind
- Our engagement with external objects obscures us from seeing the nature of the mind
- Observing the conventional nature of the mind and examples to describe that
- Each moment of mind arising, abiding, and ceasing at the same time
- Applying three principals of causality to investigate the continuity of the mind
- Is the physical matter the cause for the mind?
- Can multiple streams of consciousness produce a stream of consciousness?
The Foundation of Buddhist Practice 35: The Nature of Mind (download)