A talk given at the Pu Yi Nunnery in Taipei, Taiwan (ROC). In English with Chinese translation.
- Connecting with Amitabha through visualization
- Separating the person from their actions
- Cultivating Amitabha’s attitude of cherishing living beings
- Buddhahood depends on other living beings
- What gets us to Sukhavati is the change in our own heart and mind
- We don’t have to get mad, we have a choice
- Our enlightenment depends on generating love and compassion for all beings
- Questions and answers
- How can pure land practice be used to address social change?
- The way to get to the pure land is to care about sentient beings in this life
- How did you as a westerner come to Buddhism?
Cultivating Amitabha’s attitude (download)