A series of teachings on One Hundred and Eight Verses Praising Great Compassion called A Precious Crystal Rosary by Bhikshu Lobsang Tayang given during the Chenrezig retreats at Cloud Mountain Retreat Center and Sravasti Abbey from 2006-2011.
- Continuation of discussion of Verse 9 related to understanding emptiness
- Not truly existing doesn’t mean nothing exists, but things exist dependently
- Self-grasping ignorance, we develop anger or attachment, create karma
- How to apply the understanding of emptiness in our lives
108 Verses 12: Verse 9 (download)
Questions and answers
- Does wisdom destroy duality?
- If everything is perfect because it is empty, why eliminate suffering?
- What does it mean to say the buddhas are in happiness and bliss?
- How do the buddhas influence sentient beings?
- Modest disciples and sharp faculty disciples
- Does the bliss of realizing emptiness distract you from thinking about other sentient beings?
108 Verses 13: Verse 9 Q&A (download)