In this talk given at the Poh Ming Tse Temple in Singapore, Venerable Chodron introduces the first two volumes of the Library of Wisdom and Compassion series, Approaching the Buddhist Path and The Foundation of Buddhist Practice.
- The origin story of the Library of Wisdom and Compassion series
- Overview of volume 1—Approaching the Buddhist Path
- Reading from volume 1: The importance of motivation
- Overview of volume 2—The Foundation of Buddhist Practice
- Can you comment on the role of the spiritual teacher in the Theravada and Sanskrit traditions?
- What is the difference between a spiritual mentor and a guru?
- If you do an action simply to be kind is that that a virtuous action?
- Is it possible to be attached to a good rebirth, liberation or awakening?
- How do we as practitioners protect ourselves from harmful influences in society?
- How do we absorb the dharma teachings
- How do we avoid being discouraged by short term suffering?
Library of Wisdom and Compassion: Volumes 1 and 2 (download)