The completion of Chapter 7: “The Perfection of Joyous Effort”. Part of a series of teachings on Shantideva’s Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, organized by Pureland Marketing, Singapore.
- The four factors of joyous effort we want to build-up
- Self-confidence is needed for the the second factor, steadfastness
- The difference between self-confidence and self-importance
- Steadfastness in dealing with disturbing emotions
- The third factor of joyous effort, joy
- Cultivating joy in our Dharma practice and creating merit
- The fourth factor of joyous effort, rest
- Being diligent in dealing with the mental afflictions
- Should you promote yourself and your abilities to do some beneficial work?
- What if by giving you put yourself in debt?
Shantideva Chapter 7: Verses 59-76 (download)