Chapter 4: Royal Policy: Instructions on the Practices of a Monarch. Nagarjuna gives practical advice for leaders that is also applicable to individual practitioners. Part of a series of talks on Nagarjuna’s Precious Garland of Advice for a King.
- What qualities to look for when appointing administrators and managers
- The historical and current relationship of the sangha and government
- The challenge of governing without compromising Dharma principles
- Dealing with those who do harm to protect the public
- Using punishment in a compassionate way to help others change
Precious Garland 64: Verses 322-328 (download)