- Verses praising the Buddha by Lama Tsongkhapa
- The six ways in which the Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha are different from each other
- The benefits of taking refuge in the Three Jewels
- How our lives have changed by taking refuge (discussion)
- Guidelines for practicing refuge
Gomchen Lamrim 23 Review: Refuge in the Three Jewels (download)
23 The Gomchen Lamrim: Review Part 6 01-08-16
- What originally prompted you to take refuge? How has that changed as you’ve continued to study and practice?
- Consider the many qualities of the Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha. Which ones most resonate with your mind for each of them?
- How are the Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha different from each other? Why is it essential to take refuge in all three?
- Consider the benefits of taking refuge. How have you seen these in your life? How would deepening refuge bring even greater benefit?
- Tsong Khapa said that what we reflect on is what our mind becomes absorbed in. Do you find this true in your life? Consider how directing your mind towards the qualities of the Triple Gem would transform your life and practice.
- On the basis of taking refuge, how has your life changed?