Chapter 2: An interwoven explanation of the causes and effects of higher rebirth and highest good. Part of a series of talks on Nagarjuna’s Precious Garland of Advice for a King.
- Although emptiness is an ultimate truth it exists conventionally
- Four qualities for those in leadership roles to benefit others
- Cultivating tranquility to benefit others
- Developing sharp wisdom of thinking clearly is important in both Dharma and practical matters
- The four qualities to look for in beneficial friends
- The importance of reflecting on impermanence and death even when things are going well
Precious Garland 37: Verses 137-143 (download)