A series of talks based on Don’t Believe Everything You Think given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day starting in March 2013. The book is a commentary on The 37 Practices of Bodhisattvas.
Whatever appears is your own mind.
Your mind from the start was free from fabricated extremes.
Understanding this, do not take to mind
[Inherent] signs of subject and object—
This is the practice of Bodhisattvas.
- Looking beyond the superficial and conventional way things appear to see their deeper nature
- Meditating on emptiness is not being spaced-out
- conventional truth and ultimate truth
- Dependence on being conceived and labeled
- Investigating if there is something inside of us that is a real self
SDD 22: Who am I (download)