This discussion session took place during the Four Establishments of Mindfulness Winter Retreat in 2013. More extensive teachings on the establishments of mindfulness can be found here.
- Clarification on properly doing the skeleton meditation
- Examining our feelings, how they get triggered, and the afflictions that lies behind them
- Learning to recognize neutral feelings
- Investigating beauty and how the mind imputes qualities upon objects
- The importance of context in viewing the body as the basis for this precious human life versus the wish to be free of existence as an embodied being
- Using mindfulness of phenomena to investigate thoughts and emotions to determine which are beneficial for practice
11 4 Establishments of Mindfulness 2-3-13