Part of a series of talks on the bodhisattva ethical restraints given at Sravasti Abbey in 2012.
- Auxiliary vows 24-26 are to eliminate obstacles to the far-reaching practice of meditative stabilization. Abandon:
26. Seeing the good qualities of the taste of meditative stabilization and becoming attached to it.
- Auxiliary vows 27-34 are to eliminate obstacles to the far-reaching practice of wisdom. Abandon:
27. Abandoning the scriptures or paths of the Fundamental Vehicle as unnecessary for one following the Mahayana.
28. Exerting effort principally in another system of practice while neglecting the one you already have, the Mahayana.
29. Without a good reason, exerting effort to learn or practice the treatises of non-Buddhists which are not proper objects of your endeavor.